Monday 10 December 2012


Profile of the bloggers
Cédric d’Udekem d’Acoz (Doctor in Biology), Department Invertebrates, Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, rue vautier 29, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium; E-mail: 2monthsinantarcticseas@gmail.com



I hold a Doctorate in Biology from the University of Tromsø (Norway, 2005). I am the author of various works on the systematics of amphipod and decapod crustaceans. I have worked as scientific assistant (postdoc) at the RBINS since 2006. I have took part to several oceanographic cruises in Norway and to Spitsbergen, and a previous Antarctic cruise on the German icebreaker Polarstern during the winter of 2005-2006, during which I have discovered several previously unknown species of crustaceans. Some of my publications can be found at: 




Marie Verheye (Doctoral student in Biology), Department Invertebrates, Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, rue vautier 29, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium; E-mail: 2monthsinantarcticseas@gmail.com

I have a Master in Biology obtained at the Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve (UCL). Since September 2011, I have started PhD studies at the same university, but in practice I work at the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, Brussels. My PhD researches are about the biodiversity patterns and evolutionary processes in Antarctic eusiroid Amphipoda, mostly from a genetic perspective. During this expedition, I will collect amphipod samples and carry out DNA extractions, which will be used later for phylogenetic reconstructions. This is my first oceanographic cruise and my first visit to Antarctica.




No comments:

Post a Comment