Monday 10 December 2012

05.09.2012-07.09.2012 - Closing the last boxes...

(Preparation of the cruise ANT-XXIX/3)


05.09.2012 (Wednesday). I scan the last useful books to be put on a hard disk in our boxes. I also look for literature on Neptune on internet as there will probably be a line crossing ceremony during the cruise and we will need relevant documentation.

06.09.2012 (Thursday). We put the padlock on our last boxes and trunks. Yassine Loufa informs me that we will never receive the new pipettes in time, according to an e-mail of the company. We will put old pipettes in the boxes and use the new ones in Belgium. I do the very last purchase to be put in the boxes: fine permanent pens. At 13:30 the heavy boxes are put downstairs by the workers of our Institute. I start cleaning my office and the technical room. Indeed during the preparation of the boxes, we have accumulated an incredible amount of dirts and garbage of every kind.

07.09.2012 (Friday). In the afternoon, we go to Sertrans for the custom formalities of the second series of boxes.  We have to pay 100 euros a second time.

(Cédric)






No comments:

Post a Comment