Monday 10 December 2012

31.08.2012-02.09.2012 - Loading the van

(Preparation of the cruise ANT-XXIX/3)


31.08.2012 (Friday). The boxes for the first travel are put in the van of the Institute. Not so easy as there is a box of ballast (old train rails) weighting about 500 kg. We go to Sertrans for custom formalities (100 euros). When back at my office, I receive an e-mail from the logistics department of the AWI telling me that they are not happy with my packing lists, that I have to change them and to re-write them in another form and send them all the stuff again, both by e-mail and by postal mail.

Ballast (old pieces of rails) for the metal frame supporting the baited traps.

01.09.2012 (Saturday). I do my last visit to the several stores. I have difficulties to find the right spare bolts and nuts (30 x 6 mm inox) for the Rauschert dredge. I have just enough. Maybe I will have to take some more in my suitcase when flying to Punta Arenas. I finally found really good rubber for the sheet protecting the net of the Rauschert dredge. Really good quality, much stronger than those bought previously. However I will not replace them. No time. They will be used as spare rubber sheets.



Rauschert dredge with its net and protection rubber sheet fixed on its metal frame (photograph taken during a previous cruise).

02.09.2012 (Sunday). I test my new small waterproof Rolley camera Sportsline 99 (to be used on deck). Very performing for a cheap camera!
(Cédric)





No comments:

Post a Comment