Monday 10 December 2012

21.08.2012 - Radio beacons and Epimeria

(Preparation of the cruise ANT-XXIX/3)


21.08.2012 (Tuesday). Good surprise! Henri Robert informs me that we still have two radio beacons (nobody else knew where they were). This is a great relief for me. I print illustrations of known but yet undescribed species of amphipods of the genus Epimeria, as a guide for identification. All the closing boxes have now their provisional, or definitive packing list, their number and their padlocks. The epinet for the AGT is finished. I bought a handbook on my new big camera (Nikon D5100). I had to put new labels to most padlocks. I send the provisional bill of small expenses to Thierry Backeljau (the head of our department).



Photograph of a common but still undescribed species of Antarctic Epimeria collected during a previous cruise.

(Cédric)






No comments:

Post a Comment