Monday 18 February 2013

03.02.2013 - Birthday



03.02.2013 (Sunday). I still spend a very bad night (coughing a lot). At 10:30, there is a small reception for Julian's birthday and we offer him a card with all our signatures. I feel very weakened  and will remain very calm today; I think I have no other choice. Outside: Almost complete ice coverage; weather cloudy.  I am reading the journal of Roald Amundsen during the heroic expedition of the Belgica. Highly interesting: typical pragmatic and unpolished Norwegian style, with a lot of things, which were not supposed to be printed in the official fairytale. In the afternoon I go to the doctor. He told me that only the upper part of my respiratory tract is affected. He gave me some pills against the cough and told me to remain quiet today, which I do.


The Polarstern in her realm.



(Cédric)

No comments:

Post a Comment